Monday, November 17, 2008

The Holidays...

A few of you have asked whether Kev and I will be returning home to the States for the holidays--and well--although I hate to say it out aloud, here's the truth: NO. We are not returning to the States. Last year, we flew to Abu Dhabi/Dubai to visit the Barnett's (my family). But this year, Kev and I figured we would just stay put.

I'm a little bummed about it all but Kev says we'll be going on a vacation in January just the two of us....That lifts my spirits a little. :)

We haven't quite decided exactly where, but I'm sure whereever we go it'll be great!

In the meantime, I have this term with University of Maryland to finish up, work, and singing carols with POPS. I've been asked to sing in a quartet. When I was in high school and college, I frequently performed in choirs and madrigals singing and loved it--especially around the holidays. It really helped bring people together in the holiday spirit.

Now remember Okinawa is a subtropical island, so whatever "holiday spirit" I can get, I'll take!

Next week is Thanksgiving and Kev and I have been invited to one of his co-worker's house for dinner. Then, it's my turn. I'll be making a small Thanksgiving dinner for a few Japanese colleagues that work with Kev.

Sounds like fun!

Talk to you all soon....

~Chrissy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails