Thursday, March 19, 2009

Emmy is here! And other news....

Okay, I know it's been a while since my last post....BUT please let me explain.

My term with University of Maryland was coming to a close, so my eyeballs were deep into my books. On top of that, rehearsals for the next POP's show I'm in, "Children of Eden" were really starting to pick up (we open at the Foster Performing Arts Theatre on March 27th by the way;)...so needless to say, I was a bit preoccupied. The good news is I'm here, I'm posting something now. So how about some updates?

Earlier this week, we heard from my MIL Donna (back in PA) that my Emmy statuette had arrived! Woot! Woot! For those of you who don't know, during my Discovery Channel days, I served as "supervising producer" for the channel on the game show "Cash Cab." In 2007, the show won "Outstanding Game Show/Entertainment Program" in the Daytime Emmys. As a member of the production staff, I was fortunate to be eligible to receive my very own statue! So flashforward almost 7 months--and the statue is FINALLY HERE! Okay, so it's not HERE in Okinawa, but hey, that's okay. My MIL Donna has promised to take very good care of it. :)







In other news, my very talented brother Julian, has a HUGE show/dance piece titled "Sound Memory" debuting in NYC this weekend. Unfortunately, Kevin and I will not be able to make the affair, but we send our love! Apparently, Julian's show is a good excuse for a family reunion of sorts...My mother has travelled all the way from Abu Dhabi to make the show and my MIL and FIL (Donna and John) are making a special trip from PA!

Knock 'Em Dead, Julian! We love you.


Love from Okinawa, Chrissy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails