Sunday, May 25, 2008

Easy Key Lime Pie

Okay, I'm yet to try this recipe. However, my recent Real Simple issue had this recipe so I'm going to give it a whirl. Did I tell you how much I love thee, Real Simple? Here's a recipe for a no-fuss Key Lime pie, just like the one I had down in Key West, Florida! (My best friend Courtney and I were there for one full week of fun in the sun back in 2001!)

Easy Key Lime Pie, Serves 6
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 6oz can of frozen limeade concentrate (not thawed)
1 cup of heavy cream
1 6oz graham cracker piecrust
Zest of 1 lime

Place the condensed milk, limeade concentrate, and cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
Beat until fluffy and soft peaks form.
Pour the filling into the piecrust and smooth the top.
Refrigerate until chilled and loosely set, at least 4 hours (and up to overnight).
Sprinkle the pie with zest before serving.

Voila!

On another note, Kevin and I tried something different with our homemade pizza. We love making our own piecrust and baking our pizza on our Pampered Chef pizza stone, however, today it was SOOO hot, we couldn't bear to turn on our oven.

Sooo instead, we decided to cook it on our BBQ! Kev is a fan of charcoal, he doesn't believe in gas grills. And lately, he's been using hickory smoked charcoal wood. So...we decided to cook our pizza a la "wood-fire" grill way on the BBQ. Let me tell you, the pizza turned out just yummy. Perfect crispy crust. We made two pizzas. One with pepperoni and cheese. The 2nd pizza we made with carmelized onions and mushrooms.

Wow, it was dee-licious.

Until next time....

Chrissy :)

1 comment:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Kevin likes to cook with charcoal as well! Do you have a yummy simple recipe for lemon marangue (sp) pie? THAT is my favorite!

Hope you are well sweetie.

xoxo,
C

Related Posts with Thumbnails