Friday, May 16, 2008

Go forth and eat some pineapple.

Okay, I know you want to hear more about the "new" job at MCCS. I've only been on the job for two days, so I think I'm going to get a full week in before I post something. Sound fair? All I will say is that I'm working as an Audio/Visual Production Assistant. What does this mean exactly?

Well, remember when I was in grad school at BU studying broadcast journalism? Remember how I had to shlep my camera, lights, and sound equipment all over Boston to do reporter stories? Well, essentially I'm doing that again. I'm a "one-man" dog and pony show and will be shooting my own stories, writing them, AND editing. Good times....Anyway, I promise to give more details later. :)

In the meantime, let me share a great recipe I found while organizing my kitchen. My best friend Courtney's bridal shower is at the end of the month and since I'm unable to go, I decided to share this with her as well.... Go out and fire up your grill. Go forth and eat pineapple. Afterall, it's good for you. And here in Okinawa, they are so PLENTIFUL....

Kevin and I received this recipe while taking a cooking class at Whole Foods...Enjoy.

Grilled Pineapple in Orange Blossom Syrup (serves 6)
1/4 cup of orange blossom honey
1 tablesppon of fresh lime juice
1 tsp orange blossom water, optional
1 fresh pineapple
Olive Oil
1/4 cup crushed pistachios for garnish.


Make the syrup: In a bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, and optional orange blossom water. Set aside.

While preparing the pineapple, heat the grill or grill pan to medium heat.

Peel and core the pineapple and cut into long, thick strips. Toss the pineapple is a bit of the olive oil. Place the olive oil coated pineapple on the grill about four minutes per side. After removing the pineapple off the grill, place it on a platter and drizzle the orange blossom syrup on top. Sprinkle the crushed pistachios on top. This may be served over ice cream or a pound cake. Yum!

~Chrissy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails