Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You joined a what?!?!?!

Yep, that's me. I'm now a member of a *gasp* book club. Before you start making assumptions, let me just say that this book club is not your ordinary book club. This club meets every 3rd Wednesday of the month at the Foster Library at Camp Foster. The women involved are of all ages, mostly women my age, and a few women a little older. It is NOT a group of old ladies and spinsters. The best part of this group is that they ask the members to bring a dish to share. This dish is usually based on the "theme" of the book that we are reading. This month we read a Russian book, so people brought pierogies and such. Next month's book is a collection of short stories titled "The Laws of Evening." It's a collection of stories about the influence of Western culture here in Japan. Should be an interesting read....So what does that mean? Do I bring a Japanese or Western dish?

Okay, so go ahead and laugh...but at least I'm well-read.... :)

~Chrissy

1 comment:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Sounds like fun! I would join if I were out there with you!

xoxo,
C

Related Posts with Thumbnails