There is a new survey going around, so I figured I should join the bandwagon. Here it goes. It's "100 Things About Me."
1. I am not a morning person, get me up early and I'm one grumpy lady.
2. I love the color purple. I also like green. Wouldn't you know it, I found ways to incorporate these colors into my wedding.
3. I live within minutes from the beach. When I'm having a bad day, all I need to do is go for a walk and watch the waves.
4. I don't like spending a fortune on getting my hair cut. Call it old age or whatever, now that I'm a married woman, I can't justify spending 200 dollars on a haircut. (Alas, I use to spend this small fortune when I was single....don't tell Kevin!)
5. I would like to get Lasik, but don't think I'm a good candidate. :( I have an astigmatism.
6. I never wore braces as a child.
7. My husband and I love to travel.
8. I have a small circle of close friends.
9. I have expensive taste.
10. I love to cook elaborate meals and entertain. Appetizers, wine, entrees, you name it.
11. I tend to be judgemental at times.
12. I'm back in school working on a Business Administration degree. This means, by the time I'm done, I'll have 2 Bachelors degrees and one Masters.
13. I'm more of a dog person, than a cat person. Although, I love both.
14. I am neat freak, I sometimes clean the house from top to bottom. Perhaps it's OCD?
15. I love the smell of clean clothes, just out of the dryer.
16. I still talk (email now) to my parents every other day.
17. I didn't eat any red meat for 3 years while I was in college. I did it for health reasons and actually lost a considerable amount of weight.
18. I voted for Obama.
19. I am a military brat.
20. I fell in love with my husband in one month.
21. I think the feeling was mutual :)
22. I love to shop.
23. I love Trader Joe's.
24. I plan to have two children.
25. Once we return to the States, I would like to go to culinary school.
26. If I wasn't a TV producer, I think I would work as a food critic, a writer, or an event planner.
27. I don't drink much alcohol.
28. I don't smoke.
29. I bite my nails.
30. I love to get pedicures. Since I live in Okinawa, I try to get them done at least every 3-4 months.
31. I did not have to take out any loans for college, I had a free ride with a private scholarship.
32. I am trained classical singer and somtimes dream of singing at the MET.
33. I love my inlaws. My inlaws treat me like their own daughter.
34. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
35. In the States, fall was my favorite season.
36. I own an insane amount of shoes.
37. I only wear M.A.C makeup. I don't like the cheap stuff.
38. Real whipped cream is 10 times better than Cool Whip.
39. I sometimes have bouts of insomnia.
40. I like to read books, but don't have the time for it.
41. I go to the gym about 4 days a week. On weekends, I like to go for walks or for a short run.
42. I would like to lose 15-20 pounds and get back to my 110 pound, 20 something body.
43. See above. Who am I kidding? Losing weight is a lot harder now that I'm older. :(
44. My husband and I love to try different foods. We are both foodies.
45. I went to an all girls Catholic boarding high school in Monterey, California.
46. I have met quite a few celebrities in my life working as a TV producer.
47. I secretly wish I was taller.
48. I can't stand rap music.
49. My husband and I enjoy walks on the beach and often go for walks at sunset.
50. We are both up before 9am on weekends.
51. We take turns cooking each other breakfast on weekends.
52. I can't seem to get Kev's 'dippy' eggs right.
53. My husband knows me better than I know myself at times.
54. I listen to NPR.
55. I was a huge fan of New Kids on the Block when I was younger...Guess what? They're back!
56. I like to take long, hot, showers. Kev says I like to boil myself.
57. My feet and hands are always cold.
58. My favorite thing to wear is a sweater with jeans. Wear with some great boots and you're set.
59. I think I'm better suited for the heat than the cold.
60. Kev and I like to ski, but often don't have the opportunity to go.
61. I love finding sales. Although at times, I admit I'll buy something even if it's not on sale.
62. I love eating fresh vegetables and fruit from a market stand/farmer's market. I love to support the local farmers. At Assateague, there was this farmer's market that had really fresh veggies. Yum.
63. I make "To Do" lists but often find myself adding things to it just so it makes it look like I've accomplished more...
64. I am the one in our family who sends out cards for holidays, birthdays, etc.
65. When we retire, Kev and I want to live on a tropical island where he can work as a scuba instructor and I can work as an owner of a little cantina serving fish tacos.
66. I love singing karaoke.
67. I love singing Broadway and opera best.
68. I've performed as a vocalist in several weddings/functions.
69. I tend to go to bed between 9 and 10:30pm at night.
70. I am an active member of community theatre.
71. My first stage experience was when I was 7 years old and played the role of "Molly" in the musical "Annie."
71. Since then, I have performed in over 30 theatrical productions.
72. I idolize Kristen Chenoweth.
73. I hardly ever carry cash.
74. I tend not to drink enough water and get headaches.
75. I've been in love twice. Thankfully, the 2nd time, I married him.
76. I believe there is someone for everyone.
77. I am a Pisces.
78. I don't go to church although my Irish-Catholic father would like me to.
79. My brother Julian and I are quite close.
80. When we were kids, we made up our own language.
81. We had a Golden Retriever named 'Lady.'
82. I believe things happen for a reason.
83. I also believe all good things come to those who wait.
84. I have a subscription for Real Simple magazine.
85. I love the beach. Kevin and I were engaged at Cape Hatteras in North Carolina.
86. June 10th is my wedding anniversary.
87. Kevin is a very hard person to shop for.
88. I love going to museums and libraries. I can spend hours in either location.
89. I won an Emmy.
90. I love to knit. I find it quite therapeutic.
91. I once received a ticket for speeding.
92. I miss my parents, I wish they didn't live so far away.
93. I'm addicted to Facebook.
94. I loved my job at Discovery Channel, but I worked way too much and spent way too much time away from my family.
95. My ultimate dream would be to perform in a role in a Broadway musical.
96. I'm not very good at keeping house plants alive.
97. I like tea and coffee. Although I can't drink either after 4pm or it affects my sleep.
98. My favorite restaurant in Washington, DC is Bistot Du Coin.
99. Kevin and I own a condo in Silver Spring, Maryland.
100. We can't wait to start our family.
November Good Eats
7 years ago