Friday, March 21, 2008

Maeda Point & Dinner with the Pellegrinis

Last Sunday, Kevin and I took a drive to Maeda Point, a location well known to locals for scuba diving and snorkeling. Actually Maeda Point is a place where my parents frequently visited when they lived here on the island over 30 years ago. My parents were newlyweds and my father was enlisted in the U.S Air Force. It's funny--now that Kev and I are living here on the island, we can share stories with my parents about how much has changed in the last 30 plus years.

The weather on Sunday was perfect, not too hot or cold, so we enjoyed ourselves.








I'm not into scuba diving like Kevin, but he seemed really excited about taking a dive here.



Here's a view of the surfers trying to "ride" the waves.



After our trip to Maeda Point, we headed down to a nearby beach. On the beach, we found lots of shells and hermit crabs. Take a look!



Unfortunately, this is the beach where I also got a bit clumsy. I slipped on a rock and fell. I skinned my arm and my hands pretty badly...Ouch! Clumsiness is a Barnett trait, I'm afraid. Before my fall, I was able to duck inside this little cave.



Later in the evening, Kevin and I went to have dinner with our friends, the Pellegrinis. Jamey made bruschetta, spinach and artichoke dip, and a special rice dish called "St. Paul's Rice." After dinner, we played a German board game (sorry, I can't recall the name of it).



While we were playing the game, Jamey's youngest, 2 year old Bailey, found Kevin's sandals! I guess she doesn't mind that they are too big for her....



All in all, it was a good Sunday!!!

Love, Chrissy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails