Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Say what?!?!

Okay, first the good news. The period of "reflection" is now over. Hurray! The commanding general here on Okinawa finally lifted the restrictions (aka the "lockdown.") Kevin and I are now free to move about the island, go out into the public to go shopping, eat at our favorite restaurants, and so forth. Thank goodness. I was really starting to suffer from cabin fever... :)

Now for the other news. I am still waiting on my contract to arrive for my job with MCCS, but it looks like while I'm waiting, I might be able to work part-time as a receptionist at the University of Maryland University College campus. I know it's just a desk-job (hey, I get paid $8 a hour) but it's something.

This job may come in handy since I'm going to be returning to school here in just a few weeks to begin my studies in *gulp* Business Administration. Say what?!?!!?

I've gone back and forth on whether to study business or Public Admnistration for some time and I'm now ready to get to it. Of course, this means I have to take a math placement exam.

To prepare for the exam, I've been studying. And let me just say....Boy, is my math rusty!

Take a gander at this one:
If 300 jellybeans cost you x dollars. How many jellybeans can you purchase for 50 cents at the same rate?

And this one:
Solve the following equation for A : 2A/3 = 8 + 4A


Ummm....yeah...Obviously, I don't expect a miracle. I will probably "place" in the lower math classes. But that's okay. It's probably better for me to start there anyway.

Well, gotta get back to the books.

XOXOX

~C

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails