Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My thoughts on getting older....

In about 16 days, I will be one year older. Yep, that's right, I will be celebrating a milestone, my 32nd birthday.

February 20th is the day of my birth; while I ordinarily enjoy celebrating birthdays, this is one that I'm not all that giddy about.

Perhaps it's the fact that for the first time in my life, I actually feel (shall I say it?..*gasp*....)....OLD.

You know, there was a time, when I was the "young" one. I was the "youngest" producer in my office when I worked in TV news. I was the "youngest" grad student when I was in grad school at BU.... And when I was at Discovery/Animal Planet, I was successful and accomplished for a producer my age. What happened?! Wah!!

Now that Kev and I live on Okinawa, I no longer feel "young." I know that sounds pretty silly to blame an island, but if you think about it, this island is full of military personnel (some of whom are young, enlisted, and unmarried), so it's no wonder I feel the way that I do.

I just have to remember that while I may be getting older, the good news is that I have accomplished SO much in my life.

I have been fortunate to travel to exotic locations, study at university in a foreign country, have a successful TV producer career, and snag a great husband as my other half. Isn't that great? I did ALL that! All that and I'm only 31....oh wait....

I'm 32....I'm 32 years young.... :0)

Here's to celebrating another milestone.

Love, Chrissy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
- Lucille Ball

1 comment:

aHde said...

hi my name is adeline, and i happen to chance upon your blog and i simple love it to bits (u'll understand why if u see mine).

well i'm a diving enthusiast and also quite in lover Japan. i came to know that okinawa has great Dive sites and was just wondering what's life like over there?

could you spare some time, to briefly describe to me what's it like where you live?

many thanks....
friedbraincells.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails